|Used in||Concrete Mixer|
Concrete Mixer II
Concrete Mixer III
Blast Furnace II
Arc Furnace II
|Transported by||U-shape Conveyor [II • III]|
Pickup • Truck • Haul Truck (Dump)
|Stored in||Loose Storage [II • III • IV]|
Sand is a natural resource obtained through mining. It can be dumped within a dumping designation as waste or in strategic areas to create landfill or ramps. It is particularly useful for producing Concrete Slabs, Glass, Filter Media, and in late-game for the processing of Copper Ore Crushed.
Prior to Beta 0.3.11 (2022-01-23), the only method of obtaining Sand was directly mining it on the island, with no external sources such as outposts or trading. Thus, Sand was often the limiting factor in how much Glass a colony could produce and ultimately a limiting factor progression. With this patch, a recipe was added to create Sand from Rock by processing it in a Crusher to create Gravel, then crushing it again once more into Sand. This change greatly increases the amount of Sand which is available on a given island.
Each Home Island contains varying amounts of natural resources. This amount is modified by the resources size modifier on the Map Selection screen while the amount which can be extracted per tile is further affected by the ore mining yield modifier on the Game Difficulty screen. Neither modifier can be changed once the island has been founded.
|Map||Iron Ore||Copper Ore||Gold Ore||Coal||Limestone||Crude Oil||Rock||Sand||Dirt||Groundwater||Wood|
|The Golden Peak||2,200,000||2,100,000||7,300,000||1,900,000||1,400,000||110,000||26,000,000||680,000||4,100,000||63,000||93,000|
|File:Insula Mortis.png Insula Mortis||8,700,000||2,900,000||2,800,000||3,900,000||1,400,000||220,000||46,700,000||760,000||6,300,000||60,000||120,000|
|You Shall Not Pass||8,300,000||10,600,000||3,300,000||4,100,000||7,800,000||100,000||71,100,000||8,300,000||6,300,000||99,000||100,000|
It should be noted that most of the above natural resources are non-renewable, though the following exceptions apply:
- Dirt can be created by dumping Compost onto the ground.
- Sand can be created from Rock by processing it in a Crusher to produce Gravel, then crushed again into Sand.
- Rock itself is non-renewable on the Home Island but can be imported indefinitely from the Rock Mine.
- While non-renewable, it should be noted that it is very unlikely that the island will run out of Rock before all of the ores.
- Wood is infinite, since Trees can be planted with a tree planter and imported indefinitly from a Sawmill resource.
- Since wood can be easily turned into Coal with a Coal Maker (requiring no Maintenance, nor Power), Coal is also infinite.
- Water can be indefinitely collected by 4 different ways:
- Rain replenishes the Natural Groundwater Resource lode (which can be pumped with a Groundwater Pump).
- Rain can also be collected directly with the use of a Rainwater Harvester.
- Seawater can be pumped limitlessly from the sea with a Seawater Pump(Tall) (This method requires the post processing of the Seawater into the Water.)
- Imported infinitely from a Groundwater Well resource.
- With water being limitless, it also makes several of it's (and Seawater's) subproducts infinite, such as: Steams( Hi • Lo • Dep), Chilled Water, Brine, Chlorine, Sulfur, Ammonia, all of the Food Chain and many more..
- Oxygen (and Nitrogen) can be extracted indefinitely with an Air Separator.
- Crude Oil consumption can potentially be avoided in the late game using the Biodiesel technology for Diesel and Naphtha Reforming for Naphtha.
Below are all the recipes, which contain this item. Note, that some of them may be locked behind Research, and not immediately available in your game.