|Used in||Blast Furnace|
Blast Furnace II
Arc Furnace II
|Transported by||U-shape Conveyor [II • III]|
Pickup • Truck • Haul Truck (Dump)
|Stored in||Loose Storage [II • III • IV]|
Coal is a natural resource most commonly obtained through mining. It is primarily useful in the production of Molten Iron and Molten Copper with additional uses in Cement, Diesel, Molten Glass, Molten Silicon, Rubber. and Graphite.
In the very early game, players will typically create Coal by the burning of Wood in a Coal Maker until they have sufficient resources to mine it directly. However, Wood is also required for the crafting of Construction Parts so burning all of the trees on the island can lead to significant hurdles in building infrastructure.
Each Home Island contains varying amounts of natural resources. This amount is modified by the resources size modifier on the Map Selection screen while the amount which can be extracted per tile is further affected by the ore mining yield modifier on the Game Difficulty screen. Neither modifier can be changed once the island has been founded.
|Map||Iron Ore||Copper Ore||Gold Ore||Coal||Limestone||Crude Oil||Rock||Sand||Dirt||Groudwater||Wood|
|The Golden Peak||2,200,000||2,100,000||7,300,000||1,900,000||1,400,000||110,000||26,000,000||680,000||4,100,000||63,000||93,000|
|You Shall Not Pass||8,300,000||10,600,000||3,300,000||4,100,000||7,800,000||100,000||71,100,000||8,300,000||6,300,000||99,000||100,000|
It should be noted that most of the above natural resources are non-renewable, though the following exceptions apply:
- Dirt can be created by dumping Compost onto the ground.
- Sand can be created nonfrom Rock by processing it in a Crusher to produce Gravel, then crushed again into Sand.
- Rock itself is non-renewable on the Home Island but can be mined infinitely from the Rock Mine.
- While non-renewable, it should be noted that it is very unlikely that the island will run out of Rock before either Iron Ore or Copper Ore.
- Groundwater is replenished by rain.
- Crude Oil consumption can potentially be avoided in the late game using the Biodiesel technology for Diesel and Naphtha Reforming for Naphtha.