|Used in||Blast Furnace|
|Transported by||U-shape Conveyor [II • III]|
Pickup • Truck • Haul Truck (Dump)
|Stored in||Loose Storage [II • III • IV]|
Rock is a natural resource obtained through mining. It can be dumped within a dumping designation as waste or in strategic areas to create landfill or ramps. It is also useful once processed in a Crusher to create Gravel for use in Concrete Slabs.
Rock is the primary mineral on the island. It is often covered by or intermixed with Dirt. Rock does not appear on the Layers panel except when intermixed with the displayed resources on the overlay: Sand, Limestone, Coal, Iron Ore, Copper Ore, or Gold Ore. It is not shown in conjunction with Groundwater or Crude Oil as that is not a resource that can be mined.
Each Home Island contains varying amounts of natural resources. This amount is modified by the resources size modifier on the Map Selection screen while the amount which can be extracted per tile is further affected by the ore mining yield modifier on the Game Difficulty screen. Neither modifier can be changed once the island has been founded.
|Map||Iron Ore||Copper Ore||Gold Ore||Coal||Limestone||Crude Oil||Rock||Sand||Dirt||Groundwater||Wood|
|The Golden Peak||2,200,000||2,100,000||7,300,000||1,900,000||1,400,000||110,000||26,000,000||680,000||4,100,000||63,000||93,000|
|File:Insula Mortis.png Insula Mortis||8,700,000||2,900,000||2,800,000||3,900,000||1,400,000||220,000||46,700,000||760,000||6,300,000||60,000||120,000|
|You Shall Not Pass||8,300,000||10,600,000||3,300,000||4,100,000||7,800,000||100,000||71,100,000||8,300,000||6,300,000||99,000||100,000|
It should be noted that most of the above natural resources are non-renewable, though the following exceptions apply:
- Dirt can be created by dumping Compost onto the ground.
- Sand can be created from Rock by processing it in a Crusher to produce Gravel, then crushed again into Sand.
- Rock itself is non-renewable on the Home Island but can be imported infinitely from the Rock Mine.
- While non-renewable, it should be noted that it is very unlikely that the island will run out of Rock before all of the ores.
- Wood is indefinite, since Trees can be planted with a tree planter and imported indefinitly from a Sawmill resource.
- Since wood can be easily turned into Coal with a Coal Maker (requiring no Maintenance, nor Power), Coal is also indefinite.
- Water can be indefinitely collected by 4 different ways:
- Rain replenishes the Natural Groundwater Resource lode (which can be pumped with a Groundwater Pump).
- Rain can also be collected directly with the use of a Rainwater Harvester.
- Seawater can be pumped limitlessly from the sea with a Seawater Pump(Tall) (This method requires the post processing of the Seawater into the Water.)
- Imported indefinetly from a Groundwater Well resource.
- With water being limitless, it also makes several of it's (and Seawater's) subproducts indefinite, such as: Steams( Hi • Lo • Dep), Brine, Chlorine, Sulfur, Ammonia, Nitrogen, Hydrogen and propably more..
- Oxygen (and Nitrogen) can be harvested indefinitely with a Air Separator.
- Crude Oil consumption can potentially be avoided in the late game using the Biodiesel technology for Diesel and Naphtha Reforming for Naphtha.