|Used in||Rotary Kiln|
Blast Furnace II
Arc Furnace II
|Transported by||U-shape Conveyor [II • III]|
Pickup • Truck • Haul Truck (Dump)
|Stored in||Loose Storage [II • III • IV]|
Limestone is a non-renewable natural resource found only on the island. It is obtained solely via mining in a Designations. It is a required ingredient for the production on Cement, Glass Mix, and late-game Molten Copper. It can also be used as an input in the conversion of excess Sulfur into Slag, though care should be given to monitor resource levels to avoid exhausting Limestone mines.
Each Home Island contains varying amounts of natural resources. This amount is modified by the resources size modifier on the Map Selection screen while the amount which can be extracted per tile is further affected by the ore mining yield modifier on the Game Difficulty screen. Neither modifier can be changed once the island has been founded.
|Map||Iron Ore||Copper Ore||Gold Ore||Coal||Limestone||Crude Oil||Rock||Sand||Dirt||Groundwater||Wood|
|The Golden Peak||2,200,000||2,100,000||7,300,000||1,900,000||1,400,000||110,000||26,000,000||680,000||4,100,000||63,000||93,000|
|File:Insula Mortis.png Insula Mortis||8,700,000||2,900,000||2,800,000||3,900,000||1,400,000||220,000||46,700,000||760,000||6,300,000||60,000||120,000|
|You Shall Not Pass||8,300,000||10,600,000||3,300,000||4,100,000||7,800,000||100,000||71,100,000||8,300,000||6,300,000||99,000||100,000|
It should be noted that most of the above natural resources are non-renewable, though the following exceptions apply:
- Dirt can be created by dumping Compost onto the ground.
- Sand can be created from Rock by processing it in a Crusher to produce Gravel, then crushed again into Sand.
- Rock itself is non-renewable on the Home Island but can be imported infinitely from the Rock Mine.
- While non-renewable, it should be noted that it is very unlikely that the island will run out of Rock before all of the ores.
- Wood is indefinite, since Trees can be planted with a tree planter and imported indefinitly from a Sawmill resource.
- Since wood can be easily turned into Coal with a Coal Maker (requiring no Maintenance, nor Power), Coal is also indefinite.
- Water can be indefinitely collected by 4 different ways:
- Rain replenishes the Natural Groundwater Resource lode (which can be pumped with a Groundwater Pump).
- Rain can also be collected directly with the use of a Rainwater Harvester.
- Seawater can be pumped limitlessly from the sea with a Seawater Pump(Tall) (This method requires the post processing of the Seawater into the Water.)
- Imported indefinetly from a Groundwater Well resource.
- With water being limitless, it also makes several of it's (and Seawater's) subproducts indefinite, such as: Steams( Hi • Lo • Dep), Brine, Chlorine, Sulfur, Ammonia, Nitrogen, Hydrogen and propably more..
- Oxygen (and Nitrogen) can be harvested indefinitely with a Air Separator.
- Crude Oil consumption can potentially be avoided in the late game using the Biodiesel technology for Diesel and Naphtha Reforming for Naphtha.