From Captain of Industry Wiki
|Created in||Sulfur Mine|
|Used in||Burner (Solid)|
|Transported by||U-shape Conveyor [II • III]|
Pickup • Truck • Haul Truck (Dump)
|Stored in||Loose Storage [II • III • IV]|
Loose Module (S) [M]
Sulfur is a semi-processed resource used in the production of Rubber and Acid. The only Sulfur sources on the island are as the byproducts of the processing of Sour Water and Exhaust scrubbing. An unlimited amount of Sulfur is also available by assigning Workers to a repaired Sulfur Mine and transporting it back to a Cargo Depot via Cargo Ship.
On many islands, the amount of Sulfur produced as a byproduct will exceed the requirement for production of Rubber and Acid, necessitating disposal the excess to prevent a stoppage of Crude Oil refining arrays. Available solutions include:
- Build a very large amount of storage dedicated to Rubber and then trade it away in bulk to a neighboring village for Wood, prioritizing its usage over Wood coming from the Sawmill.
- Combine with Limestone in a Mixer to create Slag then use as landfill. Note that, Limestone is a non-renewable natural resource on the island and is also used in the production of Glass and late-game Molten Iron.
- Burn sulfur via Burner (Solid). It generates Air Pollution, but an amount of the pollution is smaller than the below two ways.
- Dumping excess Sour Water into the ocean via Liquid Dump to prevent excess production of Sulfur. Generally not recommended due to high levels of Water Pollution generated.
- Combine with Water in a Mixer to create Acid and dump into the ocean via Liquid Dump. Generally not recommended due to same level of Water Pollution as Sour Water, though it does allow Ammonia byproduct generation to continue.
Below are all the recipes, which contain this item. Note, that some of them may be locked behind Research, and not immediately available in your game.